TAIWAN CINEMA STUDIES NETWORK is a website set up as a platform for local and international scholars and students interested in film studies on Taiwan cinema, with special emphases on Taiwan film history and Taiwan film industry.
The website includes searchable databases (currently only a database is available, but will expand to include more databases in the near future), an annotated bibliography on Taiwan cinema, information on conferences, seminars, and other related activities on Taiwan cinema studies, as well as essays on Taiwan film history, film industry, and other related topics.
The current structure of the website includes the followings:
- ABOUT US: An introduction to the project to establish this website, its goals, timeline, operation model, and structure.
- FACULTY: Introducing members running the website.
- CURRICULUM: A brief introduction to the goals, curriculum, and outcomes of the MA Program in Cinema Studies on Film History and Film Industry of the Department of Filmmaking at TNUA
- NEWS: A bulletin board of news about academic activities, such as conferences, seminars, publications related to Taiwan cinema studies, as well as general news on Taiwan films, government policies, and film industry.
- RESOURCES: Includes (a) an annotated bibliography on Taiwan cinema, (b) a dictionary on Taiwan cinema, and (c) essays on Taiwan film history, film industry, and other related topics.
- DATABASE: Currently only Historical Source Database of Cinema Studies on Taiwan Film History is available, but will expand to include other databases in the near future.
- LINKS: It contains links in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Japan, and other areas useful to the study of Taiwan films and film industry.
This is a 3-year project. Works involved in each year are listed as the followings:
The First Year: (a) Identifies the needs, content, and the look of the website; (b) Searchable database and backstage management systems will be established in the first yea; (c) By the end of the first year the website will be open to public for use and comments.
The Second Year: (a) Modifies the shortcomings of the website; (b) Continues to maintain the renew contents of the website: (3) establish other databases related to the study of Taiwan film history and film industry.
The Third Year: (a) Continues to maintain the renew contents of the website and the existing databases: (2) establish other databases related to the study of Taiwan film history and film industry.